Nestled next to picture-perfect corn impoundments in the middle of the most prolific flyway surrounding Lake Mattamuskeet, GameWay's Big Woods Lodge is where waterfowl hunters' lodge, dine and savor the vintage hunt camp experience like in the best duck hunting days of old.
Hunters stay in the classic Widgeon, Ringed-Neck, Pintail or Green-Winged Teal Lodge rooms. Lifetime memories are made in the blinds and waterfowl impoundments, and hunting tales new & old are shared on the porch and around the fire as Chef Kate prepares vintage southern coastal hunt camp meals.
GameWay's Swan Lodge occupies a special place right next to the water's edge on the north shore of famed Lake Mattamuskeet. Pecky cypress paneling, dry-stacked stone fireplaces, massive reclaimed wooden beams, vintage antique furnishings and a towering lighthouse recall the iconic waterfowling days of old when over 100 hunting lodges surrounded the NC sounds.
Swan Lodge is where hunters gather on the lakeside covered porch, around the firepit or oyster table, or around the wood stove in the vintage "Sprigs" decoy room to savor the full hunt camp experience and share tales of adventures new and old.
GAMEWAY FARMS CHANNEL on YOUTUBE
2021 - 2022 Season
In order for everyone at GameWay Farms to have a safe and enjoyable experience, we kindly ask that all guests observe the following House guidelines:
1) GUN SAFETY is paramount while in GameWay lodges. Guns must be unloaded at all times while in and around GameWay lodges. Check and double check your guns. Except when hunting, all guns must be safely locked in owner‘s private storage or locked in guest‘s vehicle.
2) All recreational drugs, beer kegs and pornography are strictly forbidden in the lodges and on the property. GameWay Rod & Gun Club is a hunting, not a drinking, club. Underage drinking is illegal and not permitted. Large amounts of alcohol are prohibited. Any guest found to be intoxicated or otherwise out of control will be removed from the property to a local motel or police station. There will be no refund of fees and the guest will be permanently barred from the property.
3) Smoking is not permitted in GameWay lodges. Smoking is permitted outside but cigarette butts must be disposed of in proper safety containers.
4) Never leave any fire - inside or outside - unattended. Risk of forest fires in Hyde County is very serious and guests are required use great care in avoiding careless disposal of cigarettes or any other incendiary material capable of sparking a fire.
5) Please be kind to other guests and keep noise to a reasonable minimum. Hunters go to bed early and get up early. Quiet Time is 11PM - 4:30AM.
6) Use reasonable efforts to conserve water. GameWay lodges are on well water and shallow coastal septic systems. Please try to take short showers and never leave water running. Flush only provided septic safe toilet paper down toilets.
7) We love hunting dogs at GameWay. Guests are encouraged to keep their dogs outside in our kennel area, on the porch in a kennel, or, in very cold weather, inside in a kennel or on hard surface floor. Inside dogs must be clean, dry and well behaved. Dogs are NOT allowed on furniture or on beds. Any damage done by a dog will need to be fully paid for by owner at check-out.
8) Please help us keep GameWay lodges clean. Take muddy boots off and wear Crocs or other clean house shoe while inside. Hang waders on appropriate hangers. Put trash in trash cans, clean dishes, wipe up water and hang towels in bathrooms. Failure to observe appropriate cleanliness and care of lodges will result in a $200 excessive clean-up fee per offending guest party.
9) We want all guests at GameWay to have a safe and enjoyable time. We ask that you and your party care for our lodges and property as if they were your very own.
Failure to comply with any of the above Rules Of The House or violation of any GameWay safety protocols will result in immediate discontinuation of the hunt and violators will be escorted off of the property. There will be no refund of fees and the violators will not be allowed on property again.