For those who have the hunter's fire inside, there is simply nothing better than waterfowl hunting. And when it comes to duck hunting, there is absolutely nothing better than hunting wild birds in a flooded corn impoundment next to Lake Mattamuskeet in Hyde County, NC.
GameWay offers hunters select blinds in flooded impoundments in the two very best locations in Hyde County. Our Refuge Impoundment actually borders Lake Mattamuskeet National Wildlife Refuge on the north shore of the lake. It consists of stake and pit blinds nestled in the middle of flooded corn & is exactly what you have in mind when you dream about an iconic Lake Mattamuskeet impoundment hunt.
GameWay is also excited to offer hunts on what is known as "The Farm" in Hyde County, the premium agricultural land between the Pamlico Sound, Intracoastal Waterway and Alligator River just north of Lake Mattamuskeet.
GameWay's 250 acre duck farm is literally in the middle of the most prolific flyway in Hyde County and is adjacent to one of the most exclusive private waterfowl hunting clubs on the North Carolina coast. GameWay offers stake and pit blinds in both flooded corn & green tree impoundments. At least once in their lifetime, every true waterfowl hunter needs to experience an authentic duck hunt on The Farm.
This is GameWay Rod & Gun Club's signature Duck Camp Experience for Real Hunters. Includes gourmet dinner prepared by Chef Kate the night before the hunt, lodging in Big Woods Lodge night before hunt, professionally guided duck hunt in premium impoundment, and hot brunch prepared by Chef Kate after the hunt.
While GameWay Rod & Gun Club's focus is on providing the whole Vintage Duck Camp Experience with hunting, food & lodging, day hunts are available on a limited basis as space allows.
Day hunters enjoy a professionally guided waterfowl hunt in one of GameWay's premium impoundments and a hot brunch prepared by Chef Kate after the hunt.
Due to reservation of all lodging and dining facilities for hunt package clients, GameWay is not offering the Lodging & Food Only option for the 2022 - 23 season.
Premium Blind in
Refuge Corn Impoundment
Premium Blind in
Duck Farm Impoundment
2021 - 2022 Season
In order for everyone at GameWay Farms to have the most safe and enjoyable experience, we require that all guests observe the following hunt guidelines:
1) Strictly observe all NC state and all federal hunting laws and regulations: required hunting license, federal duck stamp and swan permit as needed; plug in gun; non-toxic loads only. Shooting hours are strictly enforced to the minute in Hyde County.
2) Absolutely no alcoholic drinking or use of any drug, including all illegal drugs, which impairs one’s mental functions, before or while hunting or when handling firearms at any time.
3) Please do not knock down, manipulate or spread corn or small grains in any way as GameWay maintains rigorous compliance with federal waterfowl baiting regulations.
4) No skybusting. While appropriate pass shooting is a part of waterfowl hunting, taking excessively long shots and/or shooting at birds swinging wide as they are clearly working another party‘s spread is unacceptable. Be ethical with the birds & considerate with other guests.
5) GameWay ProStaff Guides are with each party to ensure safety and
to enhance the success & enjoyment of the hunt. Please respect and honor their guidelines & instructions: be on time for departure, honor guide‘s call of the shot, stay in assigned blind unless specifically directed otherwise by guide. Minimum age to hunt and/or be in a hunting
blind is 10 years old.
6) Here at GameWay, no expense of money, time or effort has been spared to ensure the very best opportunity for your successful hunt. In order to keep pressure low and maintain our tradition and reputation for Premium Hunts, our goal is to do everything reasonably possible to help our guests be successful shooting their birds in the most productive morning hours and then allow the birds to rest and feed during the evening roost. Guests are encouraged to spend the afternoon resting, visiting with members of their party or other guests, visiting the Mattamuskeet National Wildlife Refuge headquarters and exhibits, impoundments, photo blinds or famous pump station, fishing locally or even making the short trip to the Outer Banks to eat, fish, shop or just sightsee. Afternoon hunting is the exception here at GameWay
& is only by specific permission of GameWay hunt manager.
7) Above all else, guests are required to observe the HIGHEST POSSIBLE LEVEL OF GUN SAFETY AT ALL TIMES on GameWay Farms. Guns are to be unloaded at all times while on property unless under the direct control of the owner in a hunting blind. Check & double check that guns are unloaded before putting in gun cases, make sure guns are unloaded & breech open at all times when walking outside blinds, & unload guns when guide or other member of party is outside blind retrieving bird, adjusting decoys or performing any other task that puts him in harm’s way. Hunters must extend the same safety precautions with our beloved hunting DOGS. Gun safety is paramount while in GameWay lodges. Guns are to be unloaded at all times in & around GameWay lodges. When there is a child under 12 years-old staying in Swan Lodge (the owner‘s son, Thomas), all guns must be safely locked in owner‘s private storage or locked in guest‘s vehicle. Failure to comply with any of the above Rules Of The Hunt or violation of any GameWay safety protocols will result in immediate discontinuation of the hunt and escort of guest off property. There will be no refund of fees and guest will not be allowed on property again.